Venue and Hotel
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa
400 Cannery Row
Monterey, California, USA, 93940
You can reserve a room at the conference hotel, The Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa, at a negotiated rate of $229 plus fees and tax per night. Please note that the negotiated rate is available up to Feb 15, 2024. To book, you can choose one of two methods:
Method 1: Click here to book online.
Method 2: Call (800) 334-3999. Please identify yourself as attending the Association for Computing Machinery FPGA Conference March 3 to 6th, 2024.
If you need a visa, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you act NOW because the visa application process may take a LONG time. Many people living outside of the USA need a visa to enter the country (most likely a B-1/B-2 visa). Official information is available here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html, including information on visa appointment wait time in all USA Embassies and Consulates. Note that you do not need a letter of support to book a visa appointment; to the best of our knowledge, the letter of support will never be required before the interview.
Obtaining a visa support letter
ACM is able to provide a visa support to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
If you are an author (either paper or poster), you can ask for your letter even before registering. Only accepted authors may request a visa support letter prior to registering for the conference. Send your request by e-mail to email@example.com. The information below should be included with the request:
- Your name as it appears on your passport.
- Your current postal mailing address.
- The name of the conference (“32nd ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, 2024”).
- Please provide the title of your paper/poster/presentation and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”.
Please make sure you include all the required information to avoid delays. Allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter; all requests are handled in the order they are received. In case of difficulties or delays, please do not hesitate to contact the General Chair.
If you are not an author, you can request a visa support letter during the registration process. Please register at: LINK_COMING_SOON and make sure to answer “Yes” when asked “Do you require a Visa Support Letter?”; you will be asked a few more details. Once fully registered, a letter will be mailed to you within 10 business days.
Airports, Map, and Directions
There are several airports close to Monterey:
- San Francisco Airport (SFO) is a leisurely ~2 hour drive.
- San Jose Airport (SJC) is a leisurely ~1.5 hour drive.
- Oakland Airport (OAK) is a stressful ~2 hour drive, but sometimes has cheap flights.
- Monterey Airport (MRY) has connecting flights to several major US cities (SFO, LAX, DEN, PHX, LAS, SLC) and is less than 10 minutes from the conference hotel (taxis available).
You can rent a car and drive from SFO/SJC or you can search the web to find shuttle bus operators that service Monterey from SFO/SJC. Monterey is a popular tourism destination, so there are plenty of options. Both SFO and SJC are served by the Monterey Airbus: https://www.montereyairbus.com/schedules, which has hourly shuttles to Monterey.
The Monterey Peninsula is famous for its many attractions and recreational activities, such as John Steinbeck’s famous Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Santa Cruz is also nearby and offers extensive mountain biking opportunities.
- You can also play one of 19 championship golf courses.
- Charter fishing is available right at Monterey’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Monterey is renowned worldwide for its spectacular coastlines, including Big Sur and the 17-Mile Drive.
- Shopping opportunities and restaurants abound in both Monterey and nearby Carmel!
- There are several spas just outside of Carmel.
Additional information about Monterey and the surrounding area can be found at the following sites:
- Wikipedia entry for Monterey, California
- City of Monterey
- Google’s things to do in Monterey
- Tripadvisor’s things to do in Monterey
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Weather in Monterey