Venue and Hotel
350 Calle Principal
Monterey, California, USA, 93940
We have a block of rooms reserved at the Monterey Marriott for the attendees over the period from 10th February till 17th February. Reservations may be made most conveniently on the web: https://book.passkey.com/go/ACMSIGDA2023.
Rooms may also be booked by phone at +1-877-901-6632; in this case, please mention “ACM FPGA 2023” to receive the discounted rate.
The conference rate per night is $179 (single or double occupancy), $199 (triple occupancy), or $219 (quadruple occupancy).
Please note that both this rate and room availability are guaranteed only until 11th January 2023 and is subject to the maximum number of contracted ACM/FPGA rooms; please book your room early.
If you need a visa, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you act NOW for the visa application process may take a VERY LONG time. Many people living outside of the USA need a visa to enter the country (most likely a B-1/B-2 visa). Official information is available here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html, including information on visa appointment wait time in all USA Embassies and Consulates. Note that you do not need a letter of support to book a visa appointment; to the best of our knowledge, the letter of support will never be required before the interview.
If you need a visa support letter, ACM is able to provide one to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee. If you are an attendee, please register here and make sure to answer “Yes” when asked “Do you require a Visa Support Letter?”; you will be asked a few more details. Once fully registered, a letter will be mailed to you within 10 business days.
If you are an author (of either papers and posters), you can ask for your letter even before registering. Send your request by e-mail to email@example.com. The information below should be included with the request:
- Your name as it appears on your passport.
- Your current postal mailing address.
- The name of the conference (“31st ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, 2023”). Only accepted authors may request a visa support letter prior to registering for the conference.
- Your registration confirmation number.
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”.
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation.
Please make sure you include all the required information to avoid delays. Allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter; all requests are handled in the order they are received. In case of difficulties or delays, please do not hesitate to contact the General Chair.
Airports, Map, and Directions
There are several airports close to Monterey:
- San Francisco Airport (SFO) is a leisurely ~2 hour drive.
- San Jose Airport (SJC) is a leisurely ~1.5 hour drive.
- Oakland Airport (OAK) is a stressful ~2 hour drive, but sometimes has cheap flights.
- Monterey Airport (MRY) has connecting flights to several major US cities (SFO, LAX, DEN, PHX, LAS, SLC) and is less than 10 minutes from the conference hotel (taxis available).
You can rent a car and drive from SFO/SJC or you can search the web to find shuttle bus operators that service Monterey from SFO/SJC. Monterey is a popular tourism destination, so there are plenty of options. Both SFO and SJC are served by the Monterey Airbus: https://www.montereyairbus.com/schedules, which has hourly shuttles to Monterey.
The Monterey Peninsula is famous for its many attractions and recreational activities, such as John Steinbeck’s famous Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Santa Cruz is also nearby and offers extensive mountain biking opportunities.
- You can also play one of 19 championship golf courses.
- Charter fishing is available right at Monterey’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Monterey is renowned worldwide for its spectacular coastlines, including Big Sur and the 17-Mile Drive.
- Shopping opportunities and restaurants abound in both Monterey and nearby Carmel!
- There are several spas just outside of Carmel.
Additional information about Monterey and the surrounding area can be found at the following sites:
- Wikipedia entry for Monterey, California
- City of Monterey
- Google’s things to do in Monterey
- Tripadvisor’s things to do in Monterey
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Weather in Monterey